- Category: Transportation
25 million children ride school buses to and from school each day.
- 5 passenger fatalities
- 15 pedestrian fatalities at school bus stops
25 million children use various other means to get to and from school each day.
- 448 fatalities in passenger vehicles in a teenage driver
- 169 fatalities in passenger vehicles with an adult driver
- 131 fatalities to pedestrians
- 46 fatalities to bicyclists
So, how do you want your kids to get to and from school ?
Provided as a public service by The National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation. * Source: National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences.